Googling Plan B

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Medical Exam in Tokyo

Just to make sure I cover bits on the medical exam not usually talked about... I checked other people's.

I'm glad to say mine was a much better experience altogether -in terms of understanding what to do next.

The nurses recited directions in english and had charts and forms (to write my name and address) which had both english and japanese --no consultations/explanations in english though.

What was really nice was that once I got to the clinic, they gave me a number, gave me a form to check that my name was filled out correctly and to update my address.

Then a nurse led me to the locker and changing areas where I get to have a locker to keep my bag and my clothes since I was given the hospital type pajamas and a robe to wear over it ---and slippers. The pajamas and robe and slippers were individually wrapped in plastic --nice and sanitary!! Plus, they all looked nice and new :-) Whew!

I got a cup to pee in --the same kind of cup in vendo machines that are filled with coffee. Since I fasted and didn't drink any water for the past 12 hours, I could hardly fill the 50mm mark! Once I put my cup through the post box like window --I asked the lady in the other room whether it was enough. She said it was okay. (Oh, and I was surprised by how it was very dark yellow.)

The agony was the waiting --but I had a very funny book to read --and Vogue Nippon was all over the place --and every page I found seemed to scream Creme de la Mer as a beauty recommendation (I've read about this for ages and have seen it for even longer than that --and still I haven't bought it --what is with me?!) --so altogether, I didn't really mind that I had to wait long --until I realized how long the whole procedure took!

But then again, you can't say that they didn't try to help us all finish quickly. It was full --our numbers ranged from double digits to quadruple digits! Really!

No comments:

Post a Comment